How to Repair Scratches on Car That You Can Do It Yourself
How to Repair Scratches on Car – Scratches are the other problems that you can still handle by following simple tips on how to repair scratches on car. Sometimes, this kind of problem can still be taken care. However, there is a condition to make it is doable. You need a less serious problem or even very small problem such as small scratches to handle. Once you find a bigger scratch, you might need to ask a technician or a dealer to help. You need to examine the problem first before you can decide whether or not it can be taken care on your own.
Do the Assessment
- It is important to do the assessment phase since the scratch you find might be just the material on the paint. It is why you need to examine whether or not it is the scratch. In some cases, you will find that it is just another car’s coating that leaves the coat when it bumps your car.
- After you are sure that it is a scratch or are scratches, you need to find out the depth of the scratch. One thing that you should know in this step of how to repair scratches on car is to determine how to handle it. You can still repair the scratch when you can still see the color paint. On the other hand, you need to go to the garage when you see the steel or a different color in the scratch. You need also to make sure whether or not there are some other places to replace. It is always a good idea to do the repair at the same time. It means you do it with the other scratches too.
Prepare and Repair
- The first thing on how to repair scratches on car, you need to clean up the surface by washing it. You need to get rid of any debris around the scratch. You can use only water to help you. Once you have finished, dry it up and continue with sanding step. The one with 2000-grit is the right sandpaper to use. In this step, you need to clear the coat only. This is why you need to avoid the further scratches that might be caused by the sand.
- When you have done, you need to make sure that the area to repair is clean and dry. These are simple steps to prepare on how to repair scratches on car. You should follow the tips for the best result.
- To start the repair, you need to prepare the rubbing compound and a buffer pad. Those two items will be a very important item that will help you repair the scratch.
- Once you have done with the rubbing compound, you can clean it up and continue with carnauba wax. This is how you can finish this repair easily.
By following those tips, you will find a brand new look on your car paint. Those steps above are very easy steps on how to repair scratches on car. You can actually do on your own by follo.
Incoming search terms:
- repair car scratches yourself